Risius Family Veterinary Service is located in Eldridge, Iowa, and we are proud to live and work in the North Scott Community. We also serve clients in the greater Quad Cities, DeWitt, and LeClaire areas. We believe in supporting our local communities by creating jobs, using local vendors, and providing clients with excellent quality care and service right here in our hometown. We are so thankful for the community support that has kept us in business in the North Scott Area since 1970. Here are some examples of how we thank you, our community, by giving back.
- We provide free veterinary care and food to North Scott School therapy dogs
- We offer discounted veterinary care and food to therapy dogs from other school districts and institutions.
- We host local students for job shadow experiences and internships. We have hosted students from North Scott Junior High, North Scott Senior High, Pleasant Valley High School, Augustana College , St. Ambrose University, Muscatine Community College Veterinary Technician Program, and Iowa State University.
- Our doctors and technicians regularly present to students at local career fairs to share about a career in veterinary medicine
- Our doctors regularly visit local class rooms and civic groups to educate children and students about veterinary medicine, pet care, and animal agriculture.
- We work closely with Q.C. Paws and the Rock Island County Animal Care and Control to provide low cost spays, neuters, and vaccinations every week. We also provide deeply discounted services for shelter animals that need urgent surgery, dental and medical care. Please visit www.qcpaws.org and see how you can help.
- We make a donation to the Companion Animal Fund at Iowa State University’s Lloyd Veterinary Medical Center in memory of our clients’ beloved pets.
- We donate a portion of our income to local charities, schools and other non- profit organizations.
- We provide each employee paid time off to volunteer at a charity of their choice.