Risius Family Veterinary Service’s roots are in Eldridge, Iowa, where the hospital was started. We also have a second satellite facility that only does large animal production medicine in Maquoketa, IA.
We are proud to serve clients in the greater Quad Cities, DeWitt, and LeClaire areas, as well as across the river into Illinois. We believe in supporting our local communities by creating jobs, using local vendors, and providing clients with excellent quality care and service right here in our hometown. We are so thankful for the community support that has kept us in business in the North Scott Area since 1970.
Here are some examples of how we thank you, our community, by giving back.
- Free veterinary care to North Scott School Therapy Dogs.
- Discounted veterinary care to therapy dogs from other institutions.
- Hosting local students for job shadow experiences and internships, including students in vet tech and college programs.
- Presenting to students at local career fairs about careers in veterinary medicine.
- Class room visits and and civic groups meetings, educating children and students about veterinary medicine, pet care, and animal agriculture.
- We work closely with Q.C. Paws and the Rock Island County Animal Care and Control to provide low cost spays, neuters, and vaccinations every week. We also provide deeply discounted services for shelter animals that need urgent surgery, dental and medical care. Please visit www.qcpaws.org and see how you can help.
- We perform spay and neuter surgeries for Scott County Humane Society.
- We make a donation to the Companion Animal Fund at Iowa State University’s Lloyd Veterinary Medical Center in memory of our clients’ beloved pets.
- We donate a portion of our income to local charities, schools and other non-profit organizations.